Mar 5, 2018

Pilipinas Duathlon Series 2018

 The Pilipinas Duathlon Series 2018 was held at Clark Pamapanga last February 25, 2018 with the 4km run-25km bike-4km run as the main event. 
This is the first Duathlon I’ve participated in for 2018 and plan to do many more with longer distances on the run and bike events. I really enjoy out-of-town races simply because of the fresh air, picturesque mountain views, wide open spaces not to mention the Duty Free Shopping that Clark is known for.  A break from the city is always good for the soul... a chance recharge and maybe get some sun.

I estimate there were about 750 participants which is fairly large for an event like this because the bike portion can get pretty chaotic if not managed properly.  Still feeling a bit “heavy” the past few days (most likely from all the fatty foods I have been indulging in lately), I was not exactly in peak condition but remained focused and determined to do my best as always. I basically just coasted through the race which was quite enjoyable. Nevertheless, I plan on being better prepared for upcoming Duathlon events in the future and still have a lot of fun in the process.

 A breath taking Bike ride before i head back home 
Post race pig out :-)